Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Review: Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush in Living Doll

This is an updated repost from my original blog on Tumblr

After trying and loving the gorgeousness that is Honeymoon, I couldn't help but snap up another Hard Candy baked blush. And I have to admit that it overtook Honeymoon's place in my heart.
Artificial lighting, no flash
Hard Candy Blush Crush blushes come in sturdy clamshell packaging that belie its seriously affordable price. Since they’re baked, I also feel the blush inside is also less likely to crumble or break if you drop it.
Artificial lighting, flash
This picture is the one that most accurately captures the colour of this blush in the pan. It is a cooler-toned pink with butter-yellow veining.

Artificial light, no flash
As with Honeymoon, this blush can be used wet for a more dramatic look. On the left is Honeymoon dry (it’s a little hard to see because of its paleness/subtlety) and wet, then Living Doll dry and wet. Using it wet intensifies the shimmer in the blush, while the dry is more wearable and the shimmer is subtle enough to wear in the office.
Artificial light, flash
You can really see the cool-toned pink of Living Doll here. It's the bright and fun sister of soft, sweet, and demure Honeymoon. The colour payoff on this blush is quite good: I just need to swirl my brush over it a bit and sweep it over my cheeks for an instant pretty flush.

I love that I can put this blush on at 6:30am and still see it on my cheeks at 6:30pm. I've had this blush for over a year now, and I still reach for it all the time. I prefer it over Honeymoon especially in the winter when my face really needs some colour.

Wal-Mart (exclusive): $8 CAD

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to read and comment! I do my best to reply to all of them within 1-2 days, especially if there is a question. Please be aware that comments containing links may be edited to remove the links or not approved at all.

© Do Want Makeup 2016 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis