Thursday, January 31, 2013

In which I pretend to be a style/food blogger

The good news: it's not another nail post
The bad news (?): it's not a beauty post at all

It's annual Dine Out Vancouver Festival time, which means a chance to try restaurants that might be a little out of my price range under normal circumstances. My friends chose MARKET by Jean Georges, a restaurant in the downtown Vancouver core serving classics with a twist (the fact that it is attached to the Shangri-La hotel hints at the level of fancy).

For $38, we each had a 3-course dinner from a set menu. Here's what I had:
Tuna tartare with avocado and spicy radish and ginger marinade
Slow-cooked steelhead trout with truffle mash potato and brussel sprouts
Warm chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream
The steelhead was my favourite of the three; it was super moist and tender but I think it was a little underseasoned. I wasn't really wowed by the starter or dessert, although my friends seemed to enjoy tartare much more than I did. Based on my experience, I probably wouldn't return, but it was a nice excuse to dress up and be ~fancy~ (see below)

Thanks to J for taking the photo!
I've been in love with this cream lace shift dress from Aritzia for forever, so when I saw it for sale at 50% (it's a big deal for Aritzia, trust me) I snapped it up right away. It's rare that I have a very specific outfit in mind when I buy something and it turns out looking pretty okay, but I guess charcoal leggings + tan ankle boots can do that for anything.

Dine Out Vancouver is going on until February 3, 2013. See the full set menu for MARKET here.

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to read and comment! I do my best to reply to all of them within 1-2 days, especially if there is a question. Please be aware that comments containing links may be edited to remove the links or not approved at all.

© Do Want Makeup 2016 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis